Thursday, March 17, 2011

What is Going On?



I was asked this week by someone who has a surface level understanding of scripture and prophecy: "What is it with all the stuff going on everywhere right now? I don't want to think that it is the end of the world or anything but it sure makes you wonder!"
I responded by saying that I am being very careful about the choices I make these days, that I am thinking twice before I do something that moves me out from under the sheltering wing of God and throws me into the open where I can get picked off. I belive that we are in a time where we need to make sure we are walking upright in humility and being prepared for the worst even if we don't actually need it - (which unfortunately I think we will eventually.)
How about you? What do you hear from folks? What do you think? I think this person put into words what many out there are thinking these days with all the dead birds that fell out of the sky in January and February, the millions of dead sea life and fish in streams all over the world that continue to collect on shores, earthquakes in Christchurch, NZ and Japan, volcano eruptions more and more, the reported movement of Magnetic North - so much so that airports are having to re-align landing strip marks. What is going on?
God is beginning His wake up call. He is also beginning to allow the birthpangs of final judgement to increase on a planet with Powers of Hell fighting to take it over.
Believe what you want, but know that the day is coming when the athiest point of view will fall on deaf ears as the weather worsens, wildlife keep dying, the earth crumbles around us, tsunami waves crash and Nuclear power plants melt down.
I received Jermiah 18 in a quiet time this week and I share a part of it here. The Lord is the creator of the earth and he can do what He wants to destroy nations who will not heed warnings to repent from evil ways.
Jeremiah 18: 5-10:
5 Then the word of the LORD came to me. 6 He said, “Can I not do with you, Israel, as this potter does?” declares the LORD. “Like clay in the hand of the potter, so are you in my hand, Israel. 7 If at any time I announce that a nation or kingdom is to be uprooted, torn down and destroyed, 8 and if that nation I warned repents of its evil, then I will relent and not inflict on it the disaster I had planned. 9 And if at another time I announce that a nation or kingdom is to be built up and planted, 10 and if it does evil in my sight and does not obey me, then I will reconsider the good I had intended to do for it.
If you read on Jeremiah 18 it will tell you more on this subject - I encourage you to do so...

All the best to you,

Lon

No comments:

Post a Comment